Brands: Digital Medium Format Camera: Hasselblad H4D-200MS
- Lens: Hasselblad 120mm f/4.0 II Macro HC Lens f/h
- Lens: Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 HC Lens f/h1
- Lens: Hasselblad 50mm f/3.5 II HC Lens f/h system
- Viewfinder: Hasselblad HVM Waist Level Viewfinder f/h1
Capabilities: This camera system from Hasselblad extends three different capture modes:
- Single shot of live subjects at a resolution of 50 megapixels
- Four shot of still subjects at a resolution of 50 megapixels
- Six shot for of still subjects at a resolution of 200 megapixels.
The extremely high resolution quality of the six shot capture mode is possible due to the ability of the camera to move the 50 megapixel sensor by 1.5 pixels between shots. This reduces the amount of interpolation necessary in other capture modes and yields an image with precise values for red green and blue in each individual pixel.
Practical use: The Hasselblad photography system is the best option for high-resolution imaging in the Digital Imaging Lab.
Location: Mobile; MR102, Project Room 3
Contact: Chelsea Graham