Important IPCH Documents
IPCH Sustainability Action Plan - offers overarching context for sustainability and cultural preservation and then suggests a brief set of initiatives related to the operations and mission of the Institute for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage.
Lens Media Lab Documents
- The Paul Messier Black and White Photographic Papers Collection - Possibly the largest collection of its kind in the world, this collection of over 5,000 samples was started in the late 1990s to provide, for scholars and connoisseurs, an objective baseline for dating and authenticating photographic prints.
- Yale University Conservation Survey of Photograph Collections (2010)
- Yale Digital Content - A search engine that looks across the holdings of the University’s libraries, Digital Dissemination, Yale Art Gallery, Center for British Art, Peabody Museum,and Open Yale Courses for your subject of interest
- Photogrammar - search 170,000 photographs from the Library of Congress collection, taken from 1935 to 1945, and created for the United States Farm Security Administration and Office of War Information (FSA-OWI); search engine created by Yale students
Technical Art History and Conservation Research - located at the Yale Center for British Art, this website was “created to assist with research in the fields of art conservation and technical art history. It has been organized according to material type and resource type, with more specific materials and resources provided in sub-pages.”
Important Cultural Heritage Documents
- Salzburg Declaration on the Conservation and Preservation of Cultural Heritage - a mission statement developed in 2009 designed to effectively preserve the world’s cultural heritage and address global challenges now and in the future.
- Berlin Resolution 2003 - a statement discussing an agreement to support the legal exchange and legal trade in archaeological objects.
- London Declaration on Culture in Crisis - written in 2015